Monday, December 26, 2005

Stereo & Mono

Since its not my first brush with a mono existence, cant really dwell on the pluses of being introduced to a completely new form of living....

but having been here more than once, have to explain what it feels like...

almost like this small protective screen engulfs your ears alone, which in a way protects your sensibilities too, from all the nonsensical crap floating around in the extremely close by universe...and from all that meaningless chatter that makes for tears and scary nightmares in moments when you give in to those idiosyncrasies....

point being this time round...my trembling cough sent out shivers that scared those little fragile pink membranes inside my ear (which i am yet to see) and made them shrivel and shrink into no man's land making me shift from stereo to mono in less than a second...but as I reveled in the newly found freedom of being able to blame everything on my temporary partial deafness, the inner walls decided to rebel against this unnecessary injustice meted out to them and sent out a fresh round of tremors which rocked the inner membranes and all the other inhabitants of those little cramped spaces, making me yelp and want to poke it out...but alas they were hidden away so cleverly all I could do was curse out loud...

anyways then I took it upon myself to go to Sitaram Bhartia hospital, which is so stony cold that it makes you cringe and wonder if anyone who is warm hearted could ever venture into those four walls and feel cared for....to top it all in the form of art they have paintings or whatever of absolutely ghastly creatures who in the dark could give anyone a heart attack (ah now it hits me, a smart business move, give the old man a heart attack, get him admitted to your own clinic and then rob him of all the money he ever earned in his younger days....he will die soon enough)...anyways as i waited there was this old couple waiting for the same doc...the old woman was really and i am being more than honest here, ready to kick the bucket, yet she had a cellphone, had just undergone surgery to fix her rattling knees and so was in a wheelchair and her problem was her ears were acting up and she could not hear clearly when someone called on her mobile!!!! christ some people love live with such tenacity it makes me wonder about my own thoughts of death!!! am i being completely unfair or am i actually being benevolent and making way for such hapless creatures who despite being ready to be packed off refuse to say DIE!!!!

anyways back to my mono state....

i finally met the man...very soft spoken...and then he invited me to sit on a ghastly looking white chair that reeked of dettol and had a huge shelf full of all sorts of hand held tools that made me wonder if i wouldnt but merely die from fright the minute he approached my ear with something that resembled a giant shredder with spikes attached....okie am shivering now....

anyways he didnt ...instead he first gave me an image makeover...i had a pair of nice clean cold tongs inserted into my nose to keep my nostrils wide apart....(ahem), then he inserted an elongated ice cream spoon made of that thin woodish thingie into my throat, and then two small funnels (black ) into my eardrums and then wore another nonsensical thingie and then stared right down my ear with a powerful light....now my poor fiance sat and watched me like this and i am sure for one millionth of a second he did wonder ...frankly she looks just the very same and christ i have to wake up next to this witch every morning, shall i bolt out the door and to freedom????? poor man...he looked sympathetic, but hey i am a mind reader honey!!! i shall pay you back sometime too!!!

okie once again back....

and then he pronounced the verdict...congrats you cannot party one teeny weenie bit...both your eardrums have pulled back and your nose and throat are so fucked it aint funny...and then came the medicines and so forth and anyways now i have to go back for more tests...and am dressed like someone aptly called me eminem's sister with a rapper cap....

point being at random moments i wished back those hours of ignorance...but then again its better this way, though i must admit, the worst part of it all was that i couldnt poke the area where there was pain an counter it with another shot, which according to me works in the same way as an equal and opposite force negates the initial one's effect....

ah having mixed the nuances of physics into my life, i feel very intelligent for now...and having worked a few of my faculties at the same time, i must take a few minutes of rest...

frankly am tired of my ears for now....so lets change topics....

i shall return...and soon enough too...

No comments: