Thursday, December 08, 2005

The Sounds of Silence

deafening....oh yeah...awaking to something as deafening as the stillness around you where the small uneven spurts of breath make for internal murmurs. scary! I was deaf! oh my god! henceforth how will I navigate my path through the maze of honking horns and blaring yellow beams that were snaking their way through the capital's roads? could this be a warning? a glimpse of what was to come when I lived off tubes that made me look uglier than the shriveled skin I was trying to cover with the mismatched sheets as my "home nurse" grudgingly made me a cup of tea that would anyways make for a hearty drink only for my old worn out blue night-gown....my husband loved me in this one...thought it made me sexy...not now you ass...now I am dying...waiting to meet my maker or maybe the other god surrounded by goblets of fire....

zzzzzzzzzz.....a cold wind rudely tickled my toes...I was awake...whatever had happened to that little black box that made nights bearable these days? ah even the power had given up on me...pangs of depression.....I need a shrink!

oops....hey I was merely trying to live within the skin of my new upcoming character of the imaginary book I have been paid a huge advance on....and one that has made its way into the booker nominations even before a word was written...merely on the scholastic abilities of the one wielding the pen and preparing to wage a war on those innocent pages....ha arent I great?

back to silence...well the ear drum has been sucked back and something else that was to supply power and oxygen has shifted home...now coaxing and cajoling would have helped if only thy enemy was visible...but within the confines of a dark hole where no one can reach out to is not an interesting position to be in I would assume...yes i'm claustrophobic....okie too many admissions of my failings is not earning me fans but well whoever said honesty is the best policy...man I love thee...

back again to silence...so that's where I am....a funnel inside as those piercing eyes got a wholesome view of all the muck and mystery inside...I was staring at the wall..I think he likes what he sees...says he wants me to come back again in 3 days...in the meantime after he rinses out those poor passageways I am to inhale huge goblets of steam and then calm them down with spurts of some medicinal spray up my little nostrils...macabre...but hell seems to turn atleast this old man on and hey even earn him some moolah while he checks you out in a waxy fashion...innovative wouldn't you say?

the TV had been alien till I met this old man and he played around and tickled my earlobes and then flushed them out like I was some dirty western closet and now I am only on partial mute....but hell much better than watching some dark woman trying to run around trees mouthing obscenities while the hero romances maybe her best friend or so and someone else fires a gun...now I don't know if that was the actual sequence but that was what I deciphered from my deaf state...sad I would say...did they say being blind was bad...deafness sucks...partial truth or whatever is even worse....sometimes ignorance is but bliss....

and I am so happy that I get to chew my favourite chewing gum and look like a lazy cow who couldn't digest her cud earlier and was doing it in shifts....now that really is funny..why would you eat in shifts...do you crap in shifts too then...I mean how lazy is cow lazy? its bad enough you have to clean your hands and what not...but in this case you even need to go out of your way to find a place to crap everytime you chew...That's sad....but they stink...so well lets not talk about those creatures...

No comments: