Monday, February 12, 2007

I AM RIGHT!

Attended a wedding last night, in a place shut off in the back of beyond. Anyhow…met my hubby’s colleagues. Was kinda fascinating…and then again only went on to reaffirm my beliefs about people in a certain profession.

Firstly, we walked in when the wedding rituals came to a conclusion; though that was the intention in the first place…so cant really complain. Second of all, we managed to get on the dance floor after so very very long. It was extremely rejuvenating and wonderful. Thirdly, the crowd was what I call uppity Mallus plus some other confused self proclaimed Westerners…. with a dash of genuine souls…. anyhow the ambience, the booze, the food and the music was good. So well I don’t really care. Only issue…I forgot my smokes at home! But all that apart I had fun to some extent.

Now coming back to my initial line of thought…the kind of people I believe work in certain professions…judgmental you say? Hell I sure am. And why shouldn’t I be? There is no crime against having a vivid imagination, which leads to frivolous yet deep thoughts and thereafter judgments. So there you are…. My husband’s lady colleagues were to say the least…. extremely frivolous and irritatingly dumb. Some were dignified and silent, and for once I was really appreciating the awkward silences…but the others who wouldn’t for a minute shut up were…So what irked me? The fact that they were apparently very fond of my husband, or that they were falling over him and couldn’t emit a sound without laying a finger on him? Or that they seemed bent on laying bare their apparent proximity to him in an attempt to make me flare up and end up “not giving him anything tonight” as they bleated? Hell, wish I had my good old instrument box. The moments when I sniggered in pride as I saw my opponent descend with his pink defenseless bottom onto a compass or a divider back in school made me realize that some pleasures of childhood were priceless.

I am not going to recount each and every creature. But bottom line, I have always maintained that women who can shake their booty, sit pretty and not have any significant and dying passion can take up this job, holds very true. Very few, like those silent self-contained ones, seem capable of having anything remotely similar to a conversation one can enjoy! The others, even as they plan more and more dos so that they can dress up and revel in the company of strange or maybe otherwise attached men, make me want to puke. What is it that they desire from this world in general? I mean, neither do they have the brains to make them want to pursue academics, nor do they have the looks to enter some glam-sham contest…. what then is their purpose in life? I am yet to decipher that one truth that might make me look at them with a little more tolerance.

For now, I shall revel in the realization that yet again, I have proven that I am RIGHT!

No comments: