Thursday, January 22, 2009

Do away with Fear

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.”
Paulo Coelho


The only thing I have ever wanted and wanted bad is to be a published writer. Many a day I have wondered, what life would mean and remain if I couldn’t put pen to paper. I never quite knew when I fell in love with writing….was it all those school essays, irrespective of language, or those many competitions or the books or the letters or the poems…what exactly got me on to this trip eludes me….but what I do know is it defines me…more than anything.

Despite all the many talents/capabilities I consider myself blessed with, this is one I am particularly proud of and one I have cherished and tried to nourish so long…

This is also one dream I hoped nobody else would take away from me, or want to share with me, because this was purely and truly mine.

But having partakers or competitors in your liking/joy….is that a reason for fear. Does that mean you are in any manner lesser? Does that make you less confident about your innate capabilities? Does that make you insecure? Or is it that by having more around to encourage and or criticize you, one only ends up polishing ones skills?

Its silly to assume what you know in your heart is yours to keep and cherish will be taken away by anybody or anything…its only when it’s publicly consumed/evaluated or judged does it become a living thing as you initially intended it to be.

So push back fear and come write…so that all may read, comment, berate or celebrate your writing….

Is my heart, my being listening?

2 comments:

dharmabum said...

i wonder if theres anything i have wanted so bad. they've all been such fleeting desires that i can't think of one thing i want more than anything else.
and its funny, because i know that if i figure, i'l also make sure to go after it and probably go all the way.


how is you?

dharmabum said...

hey there...no response, no new post. all well i hope?