Monday, January 28, 2008

All Alone!

“All of our unhappiness comes from our inability to be alone.” Jean de la Bruyere

What is it about being alone that is so scary? That seems so insurmountable? That chokes me and leaves me running out like a mad hatter, as if the world were coming to an end. What will make it better? Why has it suddenly become so impossible to be alone? Why do I dread my own company? Or is it something more?

I need answers. I don’t want to be locked up in an asylum cell fearing even the goddamn disinfectant smelling wall.

Make me see sense. Give me courage to tide over this. I need to be strong.

3 comments:

dharmabum said...

i think we're so used to the constant noises from the outside that we just stop listening to the voices inside, and when the noise outside stops, and we do start listening to the inside, it gets a little scary.

i think its mostly because we're not used to it.

i also think being alone and being lonely are two different things. i love being alone most of the time. i do feel lonely at some of those times too :)

prayer, has given me immense strength. i am sure you will tide over things. remember, even this shall pass away.

DB said...

hey,
been a while. i was referring to being alone. loneliness is a state of mind. that can happen even in the midst of august and seemingly interesting company. but being alone....well that was something i experienced for the first time. was weird and elevating at moments too. but on its own, a lesson. thanks for stopping by more often than i find time to respond.

cheers.....

dharmabum said...

for the first time? well, no wonder! i'm so used to it, i find it hard (read impossible) to allow anybody into my space. its weird, almost.

well, thanks to you - for i am able to relate to so much here - even the basics, like the black background, the orange and white text...to some of the more specifics like being alone and feeling lonely!

cheers rahega!