Wednesday, December 19, 2007

For the captain and the sea princess

“………I was just entering the place.

He looked right at me, smiled and walked away.

Something in me went off. It kept saying he likes you.

I put it aside. Walked on.

Talked on, lived on.

3 days later I met him again.

We were going the same way.

We were sitting next to each other.

We talked.

And talked.

And fought like 3 year olds.

Then suddenly held hands.

Suddenly we were shy.

Of everything, of each other.

Till that moment it had all seemed so pure.

Suddenly there seemed to be bigger questions that needed attention.

I was single.

So was he.

But we were strangers.

What was it that had brought us together?

Where was this seemingly sudden and one and only meeting headed.

Why had we both gasped and smiled the minute we had set eyes on each other again at the bus stop?

Was it another fanciful dream?

No. He is much older than me.

Then why am I, this fresh in college kid, swooning over him?

Pray what is wrong?

All I wanted was to be with him, talk to him, look at him, have him hold me, like this forever…”


A sent me this way long ago. Those days I had wondered how in the span of a half hour bus ride she had mustered up enough reason and courage to interlink her fingers with that of an older stranger.

After years of being together, they still took a bus ride to relive those innocent times.

Today as I search for those two faces, people who made me what I am, loved me to death and made me love so steadfastly in return.

The two of you…so far away, so removed from my life.

At every turn I look for your approval, your smile.

For every moment spent apart…

I miss you A & S.

Love you always.

No comments: