Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Cleaning out….

As I rummaged through some old mails etc, I came across this little neatly hidden note. Personal, written in A’s hand.

“The point of the matter is she never would have gone so far away if it hadn’t been for them…. there was nothing that could have come in between them. The princess would have patiently bided her time, forever. And yet…the storm raged. She was swept away. And while he searched with all he had left, she was floating unaware in some faraway shore, calling out to him, choking on tears. Something died then, deep within. Never to be reborn or mended. Not trying to make excuses and slip away. It was ignoble and simply disgusting. It hurt too. That it did whatever else he might want to believe. It tugs at the heart more than he might actually give credit for. She did let you down, did turn out to be a slippery eel, uncaring and unreliable. But if ever he finds it within himself to believe and forgive, he should do so, for come what may the princess will wholeheartedly love the captain, and him alone till the end of time.”

Those days it never made sense to me…

Neither had ever explained why they chose different partners. It had shocked me then, it scares me now. I had stayed away. Now I wonder…

I have another 20 odd FYI ones. I wonder if I should make sense of it all, after so many years.

Ignorance is indeed bliss many a times.

No comments: