Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Out of the Shadows

"If there is anything in the world more annoying than having people talk about you, it is certainly having no one talk about you."
Oscar Wilde


He was an absolute stranger, a tad obnoxious too I thought. And then it all changed. "I've seen your byline in the papers...." He had said the magic words. And suddenly I smiled and made my peace.....

Silly to the point of insignificance one might say...but to me it was proof that finally in whatever minimal form someone somewhere had noticed me. And knew me in some fashion. I was beaming and I knew it was showing too. Not that I bloody cared.

The point is finally the stint with anonymity has come to a pleasing conclusion. I had cribbed, hollered and even sobbed in pure anguish. At being reduced to something that had no value in this wide world. Then this break happened and here I am being noticed for the one thing I have always wanted to showcase to the world. My way with words.

Yes, there is no modesty left in me. My ebbing confidence in the dark phase ate away into the remaining bit of it. Now I feel hiding behind unfelt and uncalled for characteristics is merely taking away from me my own future. So I shall holler into the night....People stand up and see me. I am no longer hiding within the dark shadows. I am here for all you men and women to see.
Look up and make me feel loved, hated, wanted, despised or anything else...

Know me in your own way. I will know I am alive.

No comments: