Sunday, January 14, 2007

If Looks Could Kill!

Clad in purple, she stares across partitions. Her look indicating that I might have wronged her beyond pardon. I stare back with the innocence of a stranger.

Rewind.

She and my hubby were mates. Went to class together, whispered sweet nothings together, passed silly comments together and watched out for each other. Then I walked in head held high. Stood aloof on the empty terrace smoking with not a care in the world. He watched me stealthily. Fell madly in love. Tied the knot and forgot her with good cause.

Now as I enter the same workplace...eager to make my mark in the powerful and gigantic world, her ugly looks spread ill will...make other sweet strangers run for cover...leaving me friendless and a loner in this new planet I had hoped to conquer.

Who is to blame? My love, my confidence or her insignificance for letting her dwell in anonymity.

I like rubbishing inconsequential lesser mortals. I have succeeded in doing so yet again. Now she wants me dead.

But I shall survive!

No comments: