Thursday, December 07, 2006

I want to be KNOWN!

Passion is the element in which we live;without it, we hardly even vegetate. Byron

As I stepped into the train, the darkening clouds and the fading skyline of Delhi made me weep like never before. I was leaving my home and the job I was really good at and anyone who cared for me to enter an alien land, to make new acquaintances and to hunt for a job, that might never give me the high I had always wanted from life.

Though the rewind seems scary, the fact that news might go away from my life for good has made me sit back and evaluate what is that one thing that I want from life? And Irealizee that while I shudder between the sheets, turning page after page of often read novels, trying to seek meaning and inspiration, what I am doing is burying my dream of being a hot shot reporter on the move!

I want to be on the move, to be in the news, to live in the moment, to be able to come back dead tired and flop down on the bed with my shoes on, to wake up and see my name/face all over making a point. I want to be known for what I know.

That dream seems like an illusion I am chasing sitting within yellowed walls. Why don't these bricks fade to let me out into the open land where I can try to holler and make a difference?

No comments: