Monday, December 11, 2006

I Miss Me!

I miss Delhi. every waking moment I miss it so heart wrenchingly it makes me want to run away. and to hide in the bylanes watching my house which now has strangers inhabiting my favourite corners.

I want to stand on my wide terrace and watch the fog recede and the trees and buildings come alive after a smoky illusion.

I want to shiver in my pajamas while my fingers clutch at my coffee mug so tightly trying to wring out some warmth through its thick impermeable walls.

I want to cuddle in my "rajai" and look through the little slit near my eyes at the weakened sun as it wrestles with the winter breeze trying to spread some cheer and heat.

I want to feel the wind in my hair as I shiver and snuggle while the auto driver dances through the lazy traffic.

god I miss Delhi. I miss me in Delhi. I miss being me in Delhi. I miss me.

No comments: